Treats for your favorite furry friend
- 2 1/2 cups oat flour, plus more for rolling
- 2 1/2 cups brown rice flour, plus more for rolling
- 15 ounce can pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1/4 cup blackstrap molasses
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Prepare 2 sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients in a stand mixer and mix until dough comes together. Gather into two balls, flatten and cover in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for minimum 1 hour or overnight.
- On a rolling surface, scatter a handful of brown rice flour and a handful of oat flour. Roll out one of the rounds to a thickness of about a 1/4 inch. Using a cookie cutter, cut out shapes. Dough can be re-rolled several times with good results.
- Bake 2 sheets at a time for approximately 18 minutes or until treats are firm to the touch. Let cool, then refrigerate or freeze as desired.
- A small bone-shaped cutter will yield about 144 treats. A large bone-shaped cutter will yield about 72 treats.